Thursday, July 24, 2014

SuperDuck...You are my Hero!



So - I created this little gem last year and shared it with staff during staff appreciation week. Hopefully when you click on it, it will let you watch it on YouTube. Pretty simplistic and after today's lesson - I have a ton of ideas on how to make it better, should I ever do something similar and I'm sure I will!!

First a little history... After my son's 4th birthday last summer with an Avenger's theme, I was inspired to have a Super Hero theme for the school year.

During pre-service week I gave each staff member one of these:

I encouraged them to find their inner super hero and to remember that every day they are literally saving lives!!  I am from Colorado where ducks don't have quite the same connotation that they have here... So I also shared some of my dad's duck wisdom: 
  1. Let it (whatever it is) roll of your back
  2. On the surface stay calm and serene, but under the water, paddle like crazy
ANYWAY - throughout the year we would do little things connecting to super heroes.  And like I said I sent them the YouTube video for Teacher/Staff Appreciation week and gave every staff member a t-shirt with the McKinley Mountain Lion dressed as a super hero and the quote: "I'm an educator.  What's your super power?"


1 comment:

  1. Love your dad's duck advice! Thanks for your engagement this week, and for the great discussions!!

    ReplyDelete