Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Even before being assigned Brain Rules to read before our Admin Institute, my school, McKinley, began exploring brain research and the:
GROWTH MIND SET!! 
We want kids to know how their brain works and that they can grow it and flex it - just like a muscle.
We plan on reading this book as a school, much like the One Book One School model.  Plans still in progress… 

Google SEARCH - it may seem like a small thing but D. Bundy said, if we walked away with just one thing it was a-okay!

I found the following images doing a google search filtering for only those labeled for reuse (who knows how many copy rights I have broken over the years!!).  I am contemplating using may use them in some of my pre-service presentations to staff.

A beautiful mind....
My brain does this so often!!

Remember those commercials...
This is your brain on drugs?
Well, this is my brain on technology!
I've tried this strategy at
Principal's Meetings...
It hasn't worked yet!

5 comments:

  1. You embrace Medinian brain theory by infusing your graphics and pics in your blog! Well done! G Bundy is a gift to our District, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is clear to me though that our world is ready to be connected, plugged in and thoughtful about how to guide little humans to use the power of the internet. I do believe the future of our democracy will need all of our citizens to be connected. Some troubling facts related to this discussion include the lack of Americans connected to the internet. I don't think most Americans know that a large percentage of our population do not have high speed internet. I'm not sure about everyone else, but what I do in a day, not entertainment, relies heavily on high-speed internet. How do our struggling citizens survive on a day to day basis without it? How do most families survive (thrive?) on one handheld device for the family. If we are going to have a truly informed populous that participates in a healthy democracy, we must connect them and allow them access to many of the amazing tools that I enjoy and utilize everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Americans connected to the internet:

    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/f-c-c-issues-snapshot-of-u-s-internet-service/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie this is exciting work! I'll be excited to see how your year ends with this, and what the impact is to your students both in learning and their own deep personal self awareness of themselves. I absolutely love the idea about your one book one school model with your, "Your Fantastic Elastic Brain - Stretch It, Shape It". You have inspired me to read more on this and possible start some of this work in my school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "one thing" take away. Anything bite sized just seems accomplishable. Thank you for making me laugh about tech...i needed that! Great Images, I am definitely stealing some of these!

    ReplyDelete